Gastroenterology is the subspecialty which treats patients with pancreatic, liver and intestinal tract ailments.
People living in Malaysia with varied diets commonly have digestive tract complaints most commonly abdominal discomfort and bloating. These symptoms can be troublesome and requires lifestyle changes, including dietary modifications and the expertise to perform clinical investigations when warranted.
The KLSMC Gastro associates comprise a group of experienced gastroenterologists providing this specialized service at KLSMC.
The gastroenterology centre is located on the first floor and consists of customized clinics and dedicated endoscopy suites in a boutique and exclusive environment. KLSMC Gastro specialists provide basic to advanced endoscopic services . This day care endoscopy unit is staffed by experienced endoscopy nurses.
Gastroenterology and Hepatlology services provided:
– Diagnostic and Therapeutic Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (Gastroscopy)
– Diagnostic and Therapeutic Lower Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (Colonoscopy)
– Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)*
– Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-Pancreatography (ERCP)*
*Procedures done in Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur, or Prince Court Medical Centre
KLSMC Gastroenterology Centre is supported by fully operational laboratory, nutritional and radiology services, which allows us to provide highly specialized care to our patients.
– Ultrasound scan
– Liver stiffness assessment with Shear Wave Elastography
– Magnetic resonance Imaging (MRI)
– Computer Tomography (CT) scan